With its lyrical landscapes, world-class art and a superb cucina Contadina (farmer’s kitchen), the Tuscan experience is perfectly in symbiosis with the land. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Florence & Tuscany, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet Florence & Tuscany is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Experience art-lover heaven at the world-class Uffizi Gallery in Florence, tempt your taste buds on a food tour around Tuscany, or climb San Gimignano’s medieval towers; all with your trusted travel companion.
Inside Lonely Planet Florence & Tuscany Travel Guide:
• Full-colour maps and images throughout.
• Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests.
• Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots.
• Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices.
• Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss.
• Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, cinema, architecture, politics, landscapes, cuisine, wine.
• Free, convenient pull-out Florence map (included in print version), plus over 46 colour maps.
Coverage Includes: Florence, Siena, Central Coast, Elba, Apuane Alps, Lucca, Pisa, San Gimignano, San Minato, Chianti, Arezzo, Garfagnana, and more.